The cast reviews the winner of last month’s poll: Country Strong, starring Gwynneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, eighton Meester, and Garrett Hedlund. On a related note, we may not be doing any more polls, as it’s clear our listeners are cruel, cruel monsters.
Highlights from Episode 37
- Did you know Kathleen hates Gwynneth Paltrow?
- Everyone in the main cast sings except Tim McGraw, who is the only professional singer. In a movie about country music.
- The movie is darker and much more melodramatic than the cast is accustomed to. Well, darker anyway.
- One of the main characters is named Beau Hutton. Get it? Bow Hunting? Sigh.
- Is it possible to discuss Gwynneth Paltrow without mentioning candles, steaming, or stones in relation to lady parts?
- Invoking George Carlin, Dave brings up whether dressing in a cowboy hat and boots is a costume akin to wearing a viking outfit.
Beers of the episode
Six Pack Rating
- Pete: 6
- Troy: 3
- Dave: 4
- Kathleen: 4