- In which Kathleen desperately tries to find us another May holiday to celebrate
- Pete attempts to guess at the meaning of Japanese words
- Dave’s cat lodges several complaints
- Luchadors’ Goddaughters are turned into ‘babesicles’
- We find ourselves with a wide range of opinions on the movie:
- Troy – 1 beer
- Pete – 1 beer
- Dave – 3 beers
- Kathleen – 4 beers
Great Lakes Mexican Lager with Lime
Against the Grain Retitled Pils
…and to finally let you all in on the song that Kathleen sings each episode:
Grizzly is a bonkers Jaws rip-off that wasn’t as horrible as you might think it would be. My guess is that Pete’s entertaining 6-minute synopsis may have softened the casts view.
The cast throws up a little in their collective mouths after reminiscing about our poor choices of college beers. “Anything Ice. blech” – Troy
Dave introduces the world to the game, “Fizz-Ball” and Pete introduces the world to the game, “Six Degrees to Godzilla.”
Kathleen is starting a Kickstarter to bring back the old-timey phrase, “Up Yours!”
Question of the show: Is Dave a cannibal? If not than how does he know what people taste like?
The second beer we sampled gave the entire cast a case of unexpected sound effects.
– In lieu of having Schlitz we tried Stroh’s.
– Sour Monkey from Victory Brewing (ooh!)
Dave – 1
Troy – 3
Kathleen – 3
Pete – 2
Join the Good Beer Bad Movie Night podcast as we slog through Johnny Mnemonic, Dave’s horrible birthday pick! On a somewhat related note, Dave may no longer be allowed to choose movies.
Highlights from Episode 47
- This movie may be the final evidence that Dave in fact hates the rest of the cast.
- Johnny Mnemonic may be the best Keanu Reeves performance since Bram Stoker’s Dracula. (WE LOVE YOU, KEANU!)
- Accurate predictions of 2021 from a movie released in 1995:
- People wearing masks because of a pandemic
- Over proliferation of technology affecting people psychologically, yet we can’t do without it.
- Corporations run everything
- Keanu Reeves, Henry Rollins and Ice T are still awesome
- Not so accurate predictions:
- Using virtual reality goggles and haptic gloves to navigate the internet like Tron (though Dave’s still holding out hope)
- We’ll still be using pay phones, VCRs, and calling cards
- Cybernetically enhanced preachers moonlighting as contract killers
- Keanu has a sophisticated neural implant that holds up to 320GB of data. Today a USB flash drive of comparable size would cost about $15 to $30.
Beers of the episode:
Six Pack Rating:
- Troy: 4
- Kathleen: 4
- Pete: 4
- Dave: 2
Join the gang for a film filled with blood fountains and gratuitous 80s references.
- Thanks to Superfan Tim Lee for suggesting this one.
- You know them and you love them but we finally introduce two NEW members of the GBBMN team, Mitch and Murry! They certainly had a lot to say about this movie.
- Our friend Tim Minneci of the Dig Me Out Podcast helped us out with a musical game. If you love hair bands make sure to go check out his podcast. It ROCKS!
- Kathleen was thrilled to have Collective Arts Brewing’s Raspberry Sour to help numb her eyeballs while talking about the film.
- Pete found a beer that takes the name of one of GBBMN’s original bumps. Mills Brewing Orange Whip.
- Troy issues a challenge to the listeners in what will surely end up biting us all in the ass.
- Next month: Dave picks Johnny Mnemonic for his birthday? Why do you hate us so, Dave?
- Six-Pack Rating
- Troy: 0
- Kathleen: 4
- Dave: 2
- Pete: 0
Join the GBBMN team for dumb ass jokes and binge drinking at BEERFEST!
- Send us suggestions for American Drinking Songs. The cast is still somewhat ashamed that they could not come up with better examples than “Sweet Caroline” and “Piano Man”. I mean seriously…
- Troy treats us to the most annoying 6-minute penalty of all time
- Pete schools the crew on skunky German bier lore
- Dave ruminates on his life choices as we discuss drinking games.
- Kathleen continues to be annoyed that we’re foisting this upon her each month
Prarie Artisian Ales
Six Pack Ratings
Troy – 2
Kathleen – 5
Dave – 2
Highlights from episode 43.
- How boring is this movie? Troy will let you know.
- Dave shared his uncanny knowledge of the Backstreet Boys and other 80s boy bands.
- Troy wishes the GBBMN listener movie poll would go away. Send up feedback whether or not it should stop or continue.
- Reminiscing about Pat Dailey always triggers Kathleen to start singing.
- Our first beer we try is Narragansett Beer which is the beer featured in Jaws. #crushitlikequint
- Second beer of the night paid tribute to the latest Bill and Ted film, Bill and Ted’s Most Excellent Stellar. Thanks to our friends at Perfect Pour for finding this rare beverage.
Troy – 6
Pete – 5
Dave – 4
Kathleen – 3
Join the hep cats of GBBMN as we groove to this far out movie! Don’t listen to what the squares say, it’s totally dynamite!
Highlights of the episode:
- Find out that Troy doesn’t know what state Baltimore is located in…moron!
- Learn all about the God-awful snacking habits of Pete’s extended family. (now THAT’S horror!)
- Just watch this video of Piccolo Pupa singing the song “Skateboard”. That kind of gives you an idea of what you’re in for with this movie. Sorry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpEVqP6U7k
- Discover why Pete wants to bring a flashlight into the bathroom next time he pees!
- Oh yeah, and we watch the movie that killed the Beach Blanket Bingo franchise!
- And Quinn O’Hara IS actually seriously hot.
Sour Me Unicorn Farts – DuClaw Brewing Co.
Tides Sour Ale – North High Brewing
Highlights from episode 40.
- This month the “fans” got to select a film for our viewing displeasure. Don’t feel too bad though, all of the selections were turds. This one probably let us down the most.
- Don’t miss the outtakes for something special.
- Dave does a great Karen Carpenter.
- Who knew the a Jelly Bean Martini could make Kathleen so freaking mad?
- Beers enjoyed:
- White Magick of the Sun from Voodoo Brewery
- Fog Cutter Double IPA from Lost Coast Brewery