Join the gang for a film filled with blood fountains and gratuitous 80s references.
- Thanks to Superfan Tim Lee for suggesting this one.
- You know them and you love them but we finally introduce two NEW members of the GBBMN team, Mitch and Murry! They certainly had a lot to say about this movie.
- Our friend Tim Minneci of the Dig Me Out Podcast helped us out with a musical game. If you love hair bands make sure to go check out his podcast. It ROCKS!
- Kathleen was thrilled to have Collective Arts Brewing’s Raspberry Sour to help numb her eyeballs while talking about the film.
- Pete found a beer that takes the name of one of GBBMN’s original bumps. Mills Brewing Orange Whip.
- Troy issues a challenge to the listeners in what will surely end up biting us all in the ass.
- Next month: Dave picks Johnny Mnemonic for his birthday? Why do you hate us so, Dave?
- Six-Pack Rating
- Troy: 0
- Kathleen: 4
- Dave: 2
- Pete: 0
Join the GBBMN team for dumb ass jokes and binge drinking at BEERFEST!
- Send us suggestions for American Drinking Songs. The cast is still somewhat ashamed that they could not come up with better examples than “Sweet Caroline” and “Piano Man”. I mean seriously…
- Troy treats us to the most annoying 6-minute penalty of all time
- Pete schools the crew on skunky German bier lore
- Dave ruminates on his life choices as we discuss drinking games.
- Kathleen continues to be annoyed that we’re foisting this upon her each month
Prarie Artisian Ales
Six Pack Ratings
Troy – 2
Kathleen – 5
Dave – 2
Highlights from episode 43.
- How boring is this movie? Troy will let you know.
- Dave shared his uncanny knowledge of the Backstreet Boys and other 80s boy bands.
- Troy wishes the GBBMN listener movie poll would go away. Send up feedback whether or not it should stop or continue.
- Reminiscing about Pat Dailey always triggers Kathleen to start singing.
- Our first beer we try is Narragansett Beer which is the beer featured in Jaws. #crushitlikequint
- Second beer of the night paid tribute to the latest Bill and Ted film, Bill and Ted’s Most Excellent Stellar. Thanks to our friends at Perfect Pour for finding this rare beverage.
Troy – 6
Pete – 5
Dave – 4
Kathleen – 3
Join the hep cats of GBBMN as we groove to this far out movie! Don’t listen to what the squares say, it’s totally dynamite!
Highlights of the episode:
- Find out that Troy doesn’t know what state Baltimore is located in…moron!
- Learn all about the God-awful snacking habits of Pete’s extended family. (now THAT’S horror!)
- Just watch this video of Piccolo Pupa singing the song “Skateboard”. That kind of gives you an idea of what you’re in for with this movie. Sorry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpEVqP6U7k
- Discover why Pete wants to bring a flashlight into the bathroom next time he pees!
- Oh yeah, and we watch the movie that killed the Beach Blanket Bingo franchise!
- And Quinn O’Hara IS actually seriously hot.
Sour Me Unicorn Farts – DuClaw Brewing Co.
Tides Sour Ale – North High Brewing
Highlights from episode 40.
- This month the “fans” got to select a film for our viewing displeasure. Don’t feel too bad though, all of the selections were turds. This one probably let us down the most.
- Don’t miss the outtakes for something special.
- Dave does a great Karen Carpenter.
- Who knew the a Jelly Bean Martini could make Kathleen so freaking mad?
- Beers enjoyed:
- White Magick of the Sun from Voodoo Brewery
- Fog Cutter Double IPA from Lost Coast Brewery
It’s the most shocking episode of GBBMN ever, as the crew review not one. Not TWO! BUT THREE short films for our Independence Month show…which all culminates in a surprising confession from Kathleen.
Highlights from Episode 39
- The first short we discuss, a cartoon made by friend of the show Mark Bailey, is called It Came From The East River It is a multiple award winner. Not a phrase you will usually associate with films reviewed by GBBMN.
- The next short, CandyLand, is also by a friend of the show, this time a brother of the son of a cousin of Pete (or something like that) made a student film that actually turned out pretty damned good.
- The THIRD short, Howl From Beyond The Fog, started as a Kickstarter campaign.
- Good Beer Bad Movie Night actually appears in the credits of HFBTF! (Please don’t hold that against them)
- Dave recalls fond memories of adults giving him alcohol at the ripe old age of three. It explains a lot.
- Pete needs to learn new descriptors, because we will ALWAYS laugh at “pillowy mouth-feel“
Beers of the episode
You know, as much as we bitch about these polls, you would think that we’d stop making them. But NOPE! Here we are again. Polling you…our sadistic audience…to choose our next form of torture. And this time? We’re being tortured by SUPERHEROES!
The cast reviews the winner of last month’s poll: Country Strong, starring Gwynneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, eighton Meester, and Garrett Hedlund. On a related note, we may not be doing any more polls, as it’s clear our listeners are cruel, cruel monsters.
Highlights from Episode 37
- Did you know Kathleen hates Gwynneth Paltrow?
- Everyone in the main cast sings except Tim McGraw, who is the only professional singer. In a movie about country music.
- The movie is darker and much more melodramatic than the cast is accustomed to. Well, darker anyway.
- One of the main characters is named Beau Hutton. Get it? Bow Hunting? Sigh.
- Is it possible to discuss Gwynneth Paltrow without mentioning candles, steaming, or stones in relation to lady parts?
- Invoking George Carlin, Dave brings up whether dressing in a cowboy hat and boots is a costume akin to wearing a viking outfit.
Beers of the episode
Six Pack Rating
- Pete: 6
- Troy: 3
- Dave: 4
- Kathleen: 4