Highlights from Episode 36:
- This movie was so much dumb fun. Mostly dumb.
- We are joined by Donna who, being a Jeremy Renner fan, actually saw this movie in the theater.
- We all appreciate the high production quality of the movie, use of awesome production design, practical effects, creature design, and on-location shoots, which is why we were puzzled by the choice to make the witch’s gingerbread house look like a giant candy butthole.
- Dave spends a little too much time talking about historical context for a movie that features head-stomping trolls and an automatic crossbow.
- Evidently the moral of the original Grimm’s Hansel and Gretel story is “Don’t trust your parents because they’ll feed you to a cannibal in the woods.”
- We somehow suspend disbelief enough to allow for a collapsible spring-loaded shotgun shooting bullets that split into smaller bullets, but not enough to allow for the use of insulin shots 80 years before it was used medically.
- The movie’s ending implies the possibility of a sequel. With the ending of the current Avenger’s arc, Jeremy Renner’s availability might be open…? Do we want this?
- The cast enjoyed a few tasty beverages. Pete’s earnest attempt to describe one beer goes sideways, as apparently he can’t say “billowing in your mouth, coating everything” without us giggling like idiots.
- Whiffle Whitbier from Rheingeist Brewery: ABV: 5.0%, IBUs: 6
- Cover Crop from North High Brewing: ABV: 4.5%, IBUs: 14
Six Pack Rating
- Pete: 3
- Kathleen: 3
- Troy: 2
- Donna: 0
- Dave: 1