Highlights from Episode 36:
- This movie was so much dumb fun. Mostly dumb.
- We are joined by Donna who, being a Jeremy Renner fan, actually saw this movie in the theater.
- We all appreciate the high production quality of the movie, use of awesome production design, practical effects, creature design, and on-location shoots, which is why we were puzzled by the choice to make the witch’s gingerbread house look like a giant candy butthole.
- Dave spends a little too much time talking about historical context for a movie that features head-stomping trolls and an automatic crossbow.
- Evidently the moral of the original Grimm’s Hansel and Gretel story is “Don’t trust your parents because they’ll feed you to a cannibal in the woods.”
- We somehow suspend disbelief enough to allow for a collapsible spring-loaded shotgun shooting bullets that split into smaller bullets, but not enough to allow for the use of insulin shots 80 years before it was used medically.
- The movie’s ending implies the possibility of a sequel. With the ending of the current Avenger’s arc, Jeremy Renner’s availability might be open…? Do we want this?
- The cast enjoyed a few tasty beverages. Pete’s earnest attempt to describe one beer goes sideways, as apparently he can’t say “billowing in your mouth, coating everything” without us giggling like idiots.
Six Pack Rating
- Pete: 3
- Kathleen: 3
- Troy: 2
- Donna: 0
- Dave: 1