Highlights from Episode 34:
- This movie would have been a lot more fun if we were either six years old or kind of drunk. Well, we’re not six so drunk it is!
- The cast enjoyed three beers from Mantra Artisan Ales, courtesy of our friend Rod Barnett from NaschyCast and the Bloody Pit:
- An American live-action movie adaptation of the Japanese anime/comic title The Guyver: Biobooster Armor, we suspect the filmmakers understood neither original material nor American audiences. Or they didn’t care, and just wanted to use this crappy film as a vehicle to showcase their (admittedly impressive) creature effects.
- Despite appearing prominently on the movie poster, Mark Hamill does not play The Guyver. If you can’t trust a movie poster of alive-action adaptation of an animated feature based on a comic book, what can you trust?
- Kathleen recalls the good old college days when she used to hang out with a bunch of ridiculous boys. Evidently times have not changed.
- All situations are improved by shouting “GUYVER! BIO BOOSTER ARMOR!” randomly and without warning.
- Dave went through a phase in college when he would shout everything he was doing as though it were an anime-style special attack.
- We geek out briefly at the appearance of horror movie stars Michael Berryman (The Hills Have Eyes), David Gale, and Jeffrey Combs (both from The Reanimator).
- Jimmie Walker appears as one of the villains. Hey, Jimmie’s gotta eat too.
- This movie begins somewhat ominously dark, then ends as full-on Looney Tunes.
- Did we need monster boobs?
- Six Pack Ratings:
- Kathleen: 3
- Troy: 3
- Pete: 3
- Dave: 3