Highlights from Episode 32:
- We’re joined by a few special guests
- Donna returns for the third holiday season in a row, continuing her tradition of avoiding us the other 11 months of the year.
- Katie, our resident Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movie expert, explains the general themes and common tropes of the genre. None of this however explains why she likes these movies.
- Troy and Kathleen’s daughter Millie, in her exciting podcast debut, provides her adorable and impossibly energetic review.
- Instead of beer, the cast enjoys warm seasonal drinks with mulled beer and wassail. Actually both had beer in them, so I guess we did have beer. Whatever, I’m tired.
- The tradition of singing Christmas carols in exchange for booze should be much more popular– like Halloween with booze.
- Aubrey Plaza as the voice of Grumpy Cat is perfect.
- If Grumpy Cat says her own movie is terrible, is it still allowed to be terrible?
- The movie is stiff with meta-jokes, which is fortunate as Troy never meta-joke he didn’t like! (groan)
- No discussion of mall elf culture is complete without at least one reference to David Sedaris’ Holidays on Ice.
- Grumpy Cat (AKA Tardar Sauce) is so stinking cute. We may have rated the movie higher if it was just 87 minutes of her sleeping.
- Speaking of ratings:
- Donna: 3
- Katie: 4
- Kathleen: 3
- Troy: 2
- Pete: 3
- Dave: 2