Join the Good Beer Bad Movie Night podcast as we slog through Johnny Mnemonic, Dave’s horrible birthday pick! On a somewhat related note, Dave may no longer be allowed to choose movies.
Highlights from Episode 47
- This movie may be the final evidence that Dave in fact hates the rest of the cast.
- Johnny Mnemonic may be the best Keanu Reeves performance since Bram Stoker’s Dracula. (WE LOVE YOU, KEANU!)
- Accurate predictions of 2021 from a movie released in 1995:
- People wearing masks because of a pandemic
- Over proliferation of technology affecting people psychologically, yet we can’t do without it.
- Corporations run everything
- Keanu Reeves, Henry Rollins and Ice T are still awesome
- Not so accurate predictions:
- Using virtual reality goggles and haptic gloves to navigate the internet like Tron (though Dave’s still holding out hope)
- We’ll still be using pay phones, VCRs, and calling cards
- Cybernetically enhanced preachers moonlighting as contract killers
- Keanu has a sophisticated neural implant that holds up to 320GB of data. Today a USB flash drive of comparable size would cost about $15 to $30.
Beers of the episode:
Six Pack Rating:
- Troy: 4
- Kathleen: 4
- Pete: 4
- Dave: 2