- We celebrate Independence day by featuring an independent film maker, Joshua Kennedy.
- Huge props to Hoof Hearted Brewing for going above and beyond to get use our frosty adult beverages.
- This episode we sampled Hoof Hearted’s Musk of the Minotaur and Skittley Bittley Bop.
- Pete previewed one of the home brews he’s bringing to G-Fest in July; The Daiweizen.
- Troy and Dave can’t resist the David Lee Roth impersonations. For better or for worse. Mostly for worse.
- Pete came up with a new dessert called Banana’s Alaska. Beer is fun.
- After the six-pack rating, listen for details about the DVD giveaway . email@example.com
- We got some listener feedback from down under! Check out our Australian sister cast’s latest episode on Soundcloud.
- No spoiler / Spoiler review. We’ll let you know when to tune out if you want to remain spoiler free.
- Recorded live and (mostly) unedited on the patio of our friends at Endeavor Brewing.
- The cast was fortunate to have Christopher Page sit in as a guest host. Check out his podcasts Time Shifters and Orphaned Entertainment.
- Christopher brought along two beers from the Cincinnati brewery Fibonacci .
- Kathleen does a fine job with the synopsis especially since it the first time she’s seen a Godzilla movie.
Highlights from Episode 25
- It’s May and that means we get to watch a Mexican Monster Movie, much to Kathleen’s chagrin.
- In this episode we try Left Hand Brewery’s Good Juju
- Pete also whipped out a beer he’s been cellering since 2013 to share with the cast. New Holland Brewery’s El Mole Ocho.
- The words “Trunk Monkey” were used.
- For the first time, a film was a unanimous 4 beer rating.
Highlights from Episode 24
- We had an amazing time recording at Endeavor Brewing in Grandview, Ohio. The sound suffered due to the activity in the busy brewery but the conversation around the beers and the film were fantastic.
- General Manager Sean Schultz joined the cast and walked us through the history of the brewery and two delicious beers; Altura Latin Lager and Garten Gose.
- Troy and Pete serenaded the cast with a musical surprise. Here’s the cover Devo recorded. Who did it better?
- This may be our highest rated film:
- Kathleen 2
- Dave 2
- Troy 1
- Pete 1
Highlights from Episode 23.1
- Our first remote interview with graphical artist, award winning animator and Bad Movie aficionado; Mark Bailey.
- View his cartoons including the award winning “It Came from the East River” at http://foxtrotstudios.net/
- And also the New York City Giant Monster Attack Map
- Mark didn’t want me to forget to mention Derek M. Koch at Monster Kid Radio and his upcoming podcast Plan 9 by 9 Podcast.
- New information for Troy and Pete to geek out is the legend of Allen Smithee.
- For those interested in learning more about The Ohio University Halloween party can jump down this rabbit hole. May God have mercy on your soul.
Highlights from Episode 23:
- Featured Breweries:
- A Good Beer Bad Movie Night first: Our listeners chose this horrible movie for us via online poll. On a related note, our listeners are apparently sadists.
- The cast discovers great selections and knowledgeable staff at Perfect Pour Craft Beer and Beverage in Dublin, Ohio.
- Dave discovers a voice changing app for his phone to much dramatic effect.
- Kathleen brought a bottle opener/bottle cap gun. Naturally Pete immediately shoots Troy in the eye.
- Fifteen year old Molly Ringwald’s voice is enough to throw Kathleen into a rage.
- How gross is having an android sex robot?
- Are there really people in the world who can’t tell the difference between Ernie Hudson and Billy Dee Williams? You decide!
- Porters at 11.5% alcohol by volume = nearly six minutes of outtakes.
- Kathleen: 5
- Troy: 4
- Pete: 4
- Dave: 4
Highlights from Episode 22
- Featured Brewery:
- Somewhere in Particular Brewery from Columbus, Ohio
- Pete is very proud of his unique ending to the six minute synopsis.
- The AMAZING growler that Kathleen got Troy for Christmas can be found here. It’s a perfect gift for a craft beer drinker. https://www.growlerwerks.com/
- Correct me if I’m wrong but comedies are supposed to be funny.
- The cast continues to blame Pete for being exposed to these films and Pete reminds them that they signed up for this.
- Since Kathleen refuses to use it, I’ll use #whiskypoop here in the show notes.
- Dave’s Jeff Goldblum impersonation is on par with his Christopher Walker.
- We have a sister cast down under! Check out Good Beer Bad Movie Pod on facebook. They do things a lot differently than we do and just posted their first episode on Soundcloud. Both casts agree that we need to make road trips to each others backyard.
- Clearly the ENTIRE cast is unaware of how time works because by the time you hear this the poll for Dave’s birthday movie will be over.
- Kathleen couldn’t wrap her brain around the concept of a shower beer. Looks like Kathleen needs to catch up with the rest of us. Shower Beer Holder
- Kathleen: 4
- Pete: 4
- Troy: 2
- Dave: 3
Alright, so we’re doing a first for Good Beer Bad Movie Night– letting you choose which cinematic embarrassment we must endure for next month! Review the choices below then select the movie in the form below. Or don’t. I don’t care.
Plot: Two lovers stationed at a remote base in the asteroid fields of Saturn are intruded upon by a retentive technocrat from Earth and his charge: a malevolent eight foot robot.
Hopefully we won’t need to watch the first two Saturns to understand this one. (Kidding– it’s not a sequel! Hahaha oh my sides… )
Plot: An eleventh century Viking Prince sails to America to find his father, who on a previous voyage had been captured by Indians.
It’s always in the last place you look.
Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Plot: Three women make an emergency landing on a planet plagued with a fatal disease, but are captured by dictator Overdog. Adventurer Wolff goes there to rescue them and meets Niki, the only Earthling left from a medical expedition. Combining their talents, they try to rescue the women.
I assume the second “f” in “Wolff” is silent.
Plot: A mutated creature is wreaking havoc in a small town in Idaho. A police chief and a government scientist team up to save their rural town from its menace.
If you say “wreaking havoc” out loud enough times it stops sounding like words.
Plot: A group of helpless victims celebrate a birthday on an island estate crawling with killer amphibians, birds, insects, and reptiles.
Well that’s just poor party planning.
Got it? Now select the movie below. It’s kind of like choose your own adventure, except “your own adventure” is actually “our horrible suffering.”
Polling for the next bad movie has ended.
Maybe move a little faster next time, Captain Slowpoke.
Highlights from episode 21
- Happy New Year from the cast. We’re excited bout moving forward into our third year.
- ALL the cameos! Can you catch them all?
- Dave uses his mouth prettier than a 20 dollar whore and reads our first beer selection in Hawaiian. Les Quatres Surfeurs De L’Apocalypso
- Who does Gremlin noises better; Troy or Dave? It’s up to you to decide.