Highlights from Episode 20
- The GBBMN cast offers their yearly holiday gift to our listeners by watching the regrettable Hallmark Holiday Made for TV film so you don’t have to. Not that any sane listener would have plans to sit down with this “Christmas Carol” remake stinker on their own anyways.
- Tori Spelling, Gary Coleman and William Shatner star in this what can only be described as a “pay-check’ film. Hey, we all gotta eat.
- Special remote guest Sludge from the Sludgecast Podcast helps us play a game called “SHATNER.” Tune in to see how it turned out and make sure to listen to listen to all the nerdy goodness over at Sludgecast.
- GBBMN does cast out a challenge to Sludge to play a round of Walker. Stay tuned late in the show as Dave throws down the gauntlet and sets the standard.
- The Shatner game did get the cast over enthused leading to a few necessary adjustments to the volume to avoid exploding the eardrums of our beloved listeners.
Highlights from Episode 17
- Kathleen’s birthday present to the show is a healthy dose of her TV boyfriend Bruce Willis.
- Before they were stars.
- Some Dad jokes sneak into the show. We have no regrets.
Episode 15 Highlights (or low-lights depending on your perspective.)
- GBBMN contributed some moolah to help Christopher R. Mihm make his next feature film; Queen of Snakes (2019) and got our name in the credits!! http://www.sainteuphoria.com/queen.html
- Christopher R. Mihm’s entire catalog of films can be streamed on Amazon Prime.
- Please join the cast in thinking of other Crystal references.
- Two 9% + beers may not have been the best idea as the podcast gets a little loopy and long winded toward the end. And by little I mean sloppy.
Highlights from episode 14
- Pete goes off the deep end with his 6-minute synopsis and presents the stunned cast with his own dark fan theory.
- Summer is here and that means fishing! We have a taste of Land Grant’s Grapefruit Walleye. The “Gheory” is tested with this one.
- Fifty Foot Brewery weaves a tale from an unpublished book, “Adventures in Homebrewing” and shares their new Soma Berry Cider with the cast.
- John Goodman, Susan Sarandon and Christina Ricci turn in fantastic performances while simultaneously getting their throats slit by the nonsensical storytelling.
- The bizzare restaurant Kathleen was talking about with the spaghetti Ice cream; Culvers!
- Kathleen and Pete finally agree on a rating
Highlights from Episode 13
- Watch the film on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB2THkkKigU
- Make sure to send in feedback and make fun of Pete screwing up all the Spanish names.
- Our hero, Eulalio González, had a long successful career as a norteño comedian. He’s still got it in this video from 1988. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60tJMWQh-4
- Don’t forget to head over to the website and read Troy’s explanation of the Gheory. http://goodbeerbadmovienight.com/the-gheory/
- Troy completely lost his shit at Dave’s Uncle Finger reference and we had to cut about 5 minutes of Troy giggling.
- Central Ohio residents will do themselves a favor by visiting the Kenny Road Market or the Beer Mecca. https://www.facebook.com/KennyRoadMarket/
- Uk, Tagual and Carasus toys can be found over at the Monsters in Motion website. https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=0&x=0&y=0&keyword=ship+of+monsters
- Editing…all the editing….
Highlights from episode 12
-Pete’s six minute synapses was rough but still got it in under the allotted time.
-GBBMN first: Kathleen didn’t fall asleep to this one but she did walk out on the film.
-Dave wasn’t drunk but his brain was and it checked out a few times much to the amusement of the rest of the cast.
-Angela Tong was NOT in The Walking Dead as Pete first thought. Instead she was in Walking The Dead (2010) (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1573485/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)
Highlights from Episode 11
- Dave is 2 for 2 in selecting a unanimous 6 beer rating for another poor film choice.
- There are SIX Academy Award winners in this film which NONE of them earned for this dreadful movie.
- Dave apologizes to the cast for this film is a unique way.
- Diesel Punk and Great Lakes Breweries are featured.
- Who the HELL decided that this turd of a film needed and extended cut?
- Thankfully we are informed by the ending credits included a disclaimer which reads: ‘The African killer bee portrayed in this film bears absolutely no relationship to the industrious, hardworking American honey bee [sic] to which we are indebted for pollinating vital crops that feed our nation.
- Phil may have retired. Or has he??