Highlights from Episode 17
- Kathleen’s birthday present to the show is a healthy dose of her TV boyfriend Bruce Willis.
- Before they were stars.
- Some Dad jokes sneak into the show. We have no regrets.
Episode 15 Highlights (or low-lights depending on your perspective.)
- GBBMN contributed some moolah to help Christopher R. Mihm make his next feature film; Queen of Snakes (2019) and got our name in the credits!! http://www.sainteuphoria.com/queen.html
- Christopher R. Mihm’s entire catalog of films can be streamed on Amazon Prime.
- Please join the cast in thinking of other Crystal references.
- Two 9% + beers may not have been the best idea as the podcast gets a little loopy and long winded toward the end. And by little I mean sloppy.
Highlights from episode 14
- Pete goes off the deep end with his 6-minute synopsis and presents the stunned cast with his own dark fan theory.
- Summer is here and that means fishing! We have a taste of Land Grant’s Grapefruit Walleye. The “Gheory” is tested with this one.
- Fifty Foot Brewery weaves a tale from an unpublished book, “Adventures in Homebrewing” and shares their new Soma Berry Cider with the cast.
- John Goodman, Susan Sarandon and Christina Ricci turn in fantastic performances while simultaneously getting their throats slit by the nonsensical storytelling.
- The bizzare restaurant Kathleen was talking about with the spaghetti Ice cream; Culvers!
- Kathleen and Pete finally agree on a rating
Highlights from Episode 13
- Watch the film on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB2THkkKigU
- Make sure to send in feedback and make fun of Pete screwing up all the Spanish names.
- Our hero, Eulalio González, had a long successful career as a norteño comedian. He’s still got it in this video from 1988. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60tJMWQh-4
- Don’t forget to head over to the website and read Troy’s explanation of the Gheory. http://goodbeerbadmovienight.com/the-gheory/
- Troy completely lost his shit at Dave’s Uncle Finger reference and we had to cut about 5 minutes of Troy giggling.
- Central Ohio residents will do themselves a favor by visiting the Kenny Road Market or the Beer Mecca. https://www.facebook.com/KennyRoadMarket/
- Uk, Tagual and Carasus toys can be found over at the Monsters in Motion website. https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=0&x=0&y=0&keyword=ship+of+monsters
- Editing…all the editing….
Highlights from episode 12
-Pete’s six minute synapses was rough but still got it in under the allotted time.
-GBBMN first: Kathleen didn’t fall asleep to this one but she did walk out on the film.
-Dave wasn’t drunk but his brain was and it checked out a few times much to the amusement of the rest of the cast.
-Angela Tong was NOT in The Walking Dead as Pete first thought. Instead she was in Walking The Dead (2010) (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1573485/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)
Highlights from Episode 11
- Dave is 2 for 2 in selecting a unanimous 6 beer rating for another poor film choice.
- There are SIX Academy Award winners in this film which NONE of them earned for this dreadful movie.
- Dave apologizes to the cast for this film is a unique way.
- Diesel Punk and Great Lakes Breweries are featured.
- Who the HELL decided that this turd of a film needed and extended cut?
- Thankfully we are informed by the ending credits included a disclaimer which reads: ‘The African killer bee portrayed in this film bears absolutely no relationship to the industrious, hardworking American honey bee [sic] to which we are indebted for pollinating vital crops that feed our nation.
- Phil may have retired. Or has he??
Highlights from Episode 10
- With the Winter Olympics just around the corner we thought it appropriate to take a look at a very inappropriate sex comedy that also happens to have a little skiing in it.
- Troy took one for the team and pulled a 6-minute synapses out of his butt.
- Having seen this film in high school, both Dave and Pete should be ashamed of themselves.
- Four new microphones help the cast sound their best ever. Too bad the movie makes us all want to cry.
- Featured breweries: Fatheads and Columbus Brewing Company
Highlights from Episode 8
- Blame falls squarely on the Spooky Pinball Podcast for our review of Jack Frost. Thanks guys but please don’t do us any more favors.
- Pete abused this month’s beer to the point where it was as bad as the movie. Our humblest of apologizes to the Hoppin’ Frog Brewery. We will do this again.
- The Instagram account has a hilarious video of us pouring out the slush beer. I’m so ashamed of myself.
- The wise cracking killer ship had sailed by 1997 and left Jack Frost behind on shore. I really wish they had taken Jack with them.